Scirocco IIs have only ONE ran tray drain?

OK, so I lifted the hood on my 87 8v and looked.  There are drains on both
sides, they're basically holes into the wheel well (definitely not into the
engine compartment).  You should also have (assuming mine is a good guide, these
bits should be stock) a rubber drain hose leading into each that comes out of
the firewall where the drain tray joins it.  I have no idea what the hoses are
supposed to drain, and I've never checked to see if they have water in them
when it's raining.
    HTH.

Cheers,
Colin