under rain tray drain?

> ternil@idol.union.edu wrote:
> >
> > hey guys, quick question.
> >
> > The metal support underneath the rain tray... is there a drain hole
> > somewhere? the passenger side is swimming (dirver's is fine). I just
can't
> > find one to see if its plugged up. Cleaning the hell out of the car
tonight, so
> > possibly I'll find it then, but any help as to where I should look would
be
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Lyman
> >

> There are TWO drains, one on each side to drain the rain tray.
>
> They should each have a rubber boot in them to direct the water
> downwards.
>
> They often get clogged with debris, look under the tray in the engine
> compartment, back b the fire wall. You may need to poke your finger or a
> stick down it to clear it out.
>
> (Patrick, Why are you drilling things?)
>
> hth,
> TBerk

ok, now I'm a bit more confuzzled. I have people telling me that there are
drain holes, there aren't drain holes, don't worry about it, bust out the
biggest-manliest drill possible and start cutting the hell out of some steel.
I'm beginning to think that your answers are all right, but I need to make
sure that we are all talking about the same thing. there is the plastic rain
tray, I am talking about the metal "shelf" kinda thing underneath it. I have
an 87 8v (dunno, maybe earlier models came with a hole? didn't?) I'm
wondering if there are drain holes in this piece of steel. Thanks,
Lyman