Euro light problems

hey everyone,

My name is sean and i own a 1987 scirocco 16v. I recently was able to
acquire some Euro lights for my car but when i was installing them with my
mechanic he told me that i didnt have enough of those adjustng screws with
the plastic things on them. So I went down to my local Volkswagen dealership
and they told me that the screws that i am looking for are Euro spec and are
a different size than the US spec screws. Anyways the US spec screws still
cost $17 canadian each. He said that i would have to get the screws from
Europe. I guess my question is: IS this true are the screws really
different?
Has anyone experianced this before?
Is there an alternative to these screws?
And if not is there anyone in Europe on this list that can help me out with
these screws i'll be happy to pay for them and the shipping.

Thanx
sean