EUROTUNER Mag Project Scirocco info...

I was lucky enough to meet the Eurotuner ink and pics man Philip Royale
who is doing Project Scirocco and see his car at the Eurosport dyno
shootout. He's a really super nice down to earth guy and im glad I got to
meet him. His car looks pretty much like it is in the first article
except for the addition of H&R coilovers and some really nice 16's. I
spoke on the lists behalf that he do this series right and dont duplicate
Peter Wu's own Project Scirocco wrong doings of days gone by. He agreed
that this wasn't how he planned on doing his project. What a relief.
Hopefully he will join the list and we can give some sort of help for
getting his project going in the right direction.

Talkingwith him he pretty much he plans on building up the car to use for
a track days fun car, not purpose built. He's debating on going with
either a Euro spec TT 1.8T transplant or a simpler 2,0L 8v. he's just not
sure which way he wants to go with it yet.

I offered to help him corner balance the car so within a week or so I
should see him again. Its funny, his car was in the same shape as my 84
when I got it. He's going thru the process of fixing all the little
things first. He's got a tach that works intermittently. Leave it in the
sun a couple days and it works for a little while. Using the blinkers
makes it stop working. BTDT only not -that- problem so I gave him some
ideas. He has alot of resources so it looks to me that he will do us all
right with this series.

Stay tuned I guess!

Shawn Méze (not the front man, just a fan.)
86' Jetta GLi 8V   88' Corvette -SS 30- 2001 SDR Solo2 Champion
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-   79' "Project FSP Scirocco"  84' Scirocco 8V
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.