"Scirocco-style" drag-racing radiators?

Yes, they are Mk1 non-a/c style radiators.  Look identical to stock.  The
problem is not the radiator in our systems...VW likes to run their cars
warm, and then you have a crappy fan design.  My buddy has just recently
finished his MGB GT V8 conversion, using an aluminum block 1969 Buick
Special small block.  He has a Valeo OEM replacement Mk1 radiator, with a
wasserboxer radiator cap (has nipple for overflow bottle) and the
Flex-a-lite twin fan.  Keeps that V8 nice and cool, he even bought the
adjustable temp fan switch...works great, where ever he sets the fan
switch to, thats where the temps stay.

So...our radiators are very efficient, but with the crappy fan setup, and
running them on the warm side on purpose, leaves little margin for error
on our cars...swapping out the fan for a 10x thinner Flex-a-lite twin fan
setup really makes a HUGE difference.  Fans only run for 1/4 the time the
old fan did...

Eric