From: "Cathy Boyko" <losinit@usa.net>
To: "the hitman" <vwscir88@hotmail.com>; <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 7:45 AM
Subject: Re: [4k with an agb 5th?]

"the hitman" <vwscir88@hotmail.com> wrote:
worth the time and effort to switch? a friend of mine want to install a 4k
but doesn't want to lose his top end speed.

Depends, does he already have a big ass stereo, and wishes to be totally deaf?
(you see, you have to build to a goal...) That'd be one loud monster. The 4K
is nice with a .80 or lower fifth, IMHO. That's basicly what's in mine, (AGB
with 3.94 final drive and .80 fifth) and I wouldn't want any higher rpms at
cruising speed. The AGB fifth would give you more acceleration at the expense
of top speed. And thanks to the list for educating me in this matter, I'm
loving the new gearbox. He may have wheelspin problems with the 3.94 too, but
that can be fixed with a dose of LSD!
Cathy 87 Rocc "the Arctic Blue Metallic Headache"