Amazing Rain-X on new windshield

--=====================_7198290==_.ALT

At 08:06 AM 6/13/2002, Jorel Jackson wrote:
>I had my windshield replaced last week on the '87. The
>guy who did it says he never wants to do another
>Scirocco as long as he lives. Sciroccos are worse than
>BMWs & Mercedes, he claims, and those are pretty bad.
>It took him 1.5 hours to complete the installation. I
>felt lucky he didn't walk off and leave me there sans
>windshield. I'll have to do this, maybe, on the '85.
>Anyone out there have any tricks for making this a
>little easier?

Yeah, get someone who knows what they're doing. :)  The first time I had=20
mine done, the guy had a similar experience.
The second time, I didn't have a mobile installation done, but instead went=
=20
to a SafeLite auto glass place, and they had it done in 15 minutes.

>After the installation I put on some Rain-X. I've
>never used this stuff before. It starts to rain and
>I'm going down the road at 60 plus MPH. Water streams
>right off the windshield like droplets of mercury.
>Everyone else has the wipers going except me. They
>claim this stuff is like having a third wiper, and
>they're right. Not only is Rain-X amazing, it is also
>mesmerizing. Now, I suppose someone will tell me this
>stuff slowly corrodes glass?

Absolutely not -- I've been using it since 1994 -- on every car I've=20
had.  Just use some elbow grease when you're applying it to get rid of the=
=20
haze, and it's awesome.  I use it on all the glass as well as the mirrors,=
=20
headlights and taillights (to stop snow from sticking).  It's a great=
 product.

Jason

>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
>Jorel Jackson
>web site:  http://www.home.earthlink.net/~jomoj/
>1987 16v & 1985 8v Sciroccos
>2000 Neon ES
>Jaguar XK 180

----------
1987 Scirocco 2.0 16v
1994 Golf 4dr VR6
1988 Mercedes 190E Sport 2.0 (Euro-Spec)

http://www.scirocco16v.org

"In the olden days, a good flame war could go on for weeks or months, with=
=20
hot invective flying around like rhetorical shrapnel. It was high art, high=
=20
entertainment. Though tempers flared hot and professional bridges were=20
sometimes irreparably burned, ultimately it was a game =97 a participatory=
=20
sport in which the audience awarded points for felicitous disparagements,=20
particularly well-worded putdowns, inspired squelches."  -- Christopher=20
Locke, "The Cluetrain Manifesto".

"So yes, the LSD works, sort of like ABS in forward without the foot=20
vibrator..." - Cathy Boyko

--=====================_7198290==_.ALT

At 08:06 AM 6/13/2002, Jorel Jackson wrote:<br>
week on the '87. The<br>
guy who did it says he never wants to do another<br>
Scirocco as long as he lives. Sciroccos are worse than<br>
BMWs &amp; Mercedes, he claims, and those are pretty bad.<br>
It took him 1.5 hours to complete the installation. I<br>
felt lucky he didn't walk off and leave me there sans<br>
windshield. I'll have to do this, maybe, on the '85.<br>
Anyone out there have any tricks for making this a<br>
little easier?</blockquote><br>
Yeah, get someone who knows what they're doing. :)&nbsp; The first time I
had mine done, the guy had a similar experience. <br>
The second time, I didn't have a mobile installation done, but instead
went to a SafeLite auto glass place, and they had it done in 15
minutes.<br><br>
some Rain-X. I've<br>
never used this stuff before. It starts to rain and<br>
I'm going down the road at 60 plus MPH. Water streams<br>
right off the windshield like droplets of mercury.<br>
Everyone else has the wipers going except me. They<br>
claim this stuff is like having a third wiper, and<br>
they're right. Not only is Rain-X amazing, it is also<br>
mesmerizing. Now, I suppose someone will tell me this<br>
stuff slowly corrodes glass?</blockquote><br>
Absolutely not -- I've been using it since 1994 -- on every car I've
had.&nbsp; Just use some elbow grease when you're applying it to get rid
of the haze, and it's awesome.&nbsp; I use it on all the glass as well as
the mirrors, headlights and taillights (to stop snow from
sticking).&nbsp; It's a great product.<br><br>
Jason<br><br>
Jorel Jackson<br>
web site:&nbsp;
 eudora=3D"autourl">http://www.home.earthlink.net/~jomoj/</a><br>
1987 16v &amp; 1985 8v Sciroccos<br>
2000 Neon ES<br>
Jaguar XK 180<br><br>
ockquote>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
<hr>
1987 Scirocco 2.0 16v <br>
1994 Golf 4dr VR6<br>
1988 Mercedes 190E Sport 2.0 (Euro-Spec)<br><br>
&quot;In the olden days, a good flame war could go on for weeks or
months, with hot invective flying around like rhetorical shrapnel. It was
high art, high entertainment. Though tempers flared hot and professional
bridges were sometimes irreparably burned, ultimately it was a game =97 a
participatory sport in which the audience awarded points for felicitous
disparagements, particularly well-worded putdowns, inspired
squelches.&quot;&nbsp; -- Christopher Locke, &quot;The Cluetrain
Manifesto&quot;.<br><br>
&quot;So yes, the LSD works, sort of like ABS in forward without the foot
vibrator...&quot; - Cathy Boyko <br>