Motor oil recommendations

> I stay away from 20W50 because I feel that a) the extra
> viscosity isn't necessary, and b) it definitely increases the
> drag on the components. Thinner equals faster and greater
> efficiency. Be mindful that going too thick can actually
> *increase* wear!

I agree completely, but in my case, I have an engine with 170,000 miles
on it. It runs strong and is virtually leak-free on 20w50, but if I put
something lower in it starts to seep a bit. I can't imagine what it
would do if I put synthetic in! I'm also autocrossing in Florida, where
it is HOT. We were at Sebring two weeks ago, and my interior (in the
shade) was measured at 110 by a pyrometer...I don't want to know what
the engine was like.

Someday, when the engine is rebuilt, I'll go synthetic. For now, I don't
have much choice! I'm planning on using RedLine in the '77.

Neal
Castrol 20w50