re upholstering front seats.........

--=======3E55FD8=======

At 09:42 AM 6/12/02 -0700, Ryan Ruggles wrote:

>Instead of taking the seat covers of the front seats in my roc, I am going
>urethane new cloth inserts on to the existing upholstery.  That way I dont
>have to fuck around with refitting , sewing, etc.   It will not come off
>and it will look just as clean.  What do you guys think of that?
>
>..........i can't wait to hear the insults........and other negative
>comments.....heh heh heh
>
>Ryan
>Always looking for another way....

I would think that with all  the effort to cut cloth to match and gluing it
on without messing it up that in the end
it would be easier to buy an upholstery kit and just recover them the right
way-just my opinion of course.  It's not
like you have to sew them on or anything- slide them on and hog ring them.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.