16v water temp light

I am trying to finish up the electrical on my transplant and the led on the
coolatn temp is flashing about 2x/sec.  Even as the needle was coming up and
aproaching the LED.  What is this supposed to indicate.  Could I have
forgotten to hook up a sensor?  and which of the 3-4 little connectors is
for the coolant temp lead.
Also my alt light wont go out.  The little blue wire has continuity from the
cluster to the alt.  So no breaks there.
Any ideas?

Ken
1979 Scirocco  "McFly"
16v conversion "...it's working....It's WORKING...!"
tracing electrical gremlins now...
VORTEX:  "Indiana Red"