K&Ns BETTER THAN OEM?

My reason for having two is to cut down tune-up time.  My thought is that
if you change your filter every 6 months, surely in that time you can
spare a total of 15 minutes to prep the alternate filter.

I should back up on my K&N claims however.  When I changed to the K&N, I
also removed the plastic piece from the bottom of the cross member.  This
in itself would open airflow and add to the increase I noted earlier.
HOWEVER, a friend of mine (87 16v Scirocco) was late on the group K&N
craze and brought me his car and new K&N filter during a rain storm.  I
refused to crawl my fat ass under his car to take out the aforementioned
plastic piece but I did swap his filter and promised to complete the job
on a drier date.  He too noted the increase in throttle response even
with that piece in place.  I can attest to 12 people giving the K&N a
thumbs up over stock, 7 of those pertaining to VW's with box elements.  I
could see if they all paid $30 - $40 for their filter (You know how you
WANT something you pay good money for to work?), but I gave one to a
fellow Scirocco 16v owner and one to a VR6 Passat owner and both liked
the results.

To Brian I will say this:  If you do NOT like the K&N after purchasing
it, I'll buy it from you.  Hell, you'd think I work for K&N with a
guarantee like that.

Eric
"Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun!"
http://www.geocities.com/blitzkrieg16v