Getting Flywheel bolts out without the proper tools.

I wanted to add a nifty trick I found out via Mother of invention time:

The crank will want to turn when you are trying to uncork the Pressure
Plate bolts. They are on tight AND have something like locktite on the
threads.

What I found worked for me was a coat hanger. Yep, simple metal coat
hanger. I used part of the PP to tie into one of the holes in the block
the trans bolts go through.

This worked well for me mostly because the strength of the wire was in
it's ability to hold up under direct pulls, but as every one knows it
will bend and break if fatigued- so be safe.

Part Two: Quick! undo your CV bolts!  I found I could clamp a vice grip
onto the rotor without marring it, but if vented rotors it gets easier:
drop a screwdriver down the vent and it'll settle up against the caliper
just fin. 'Tork' away!

hth somebody,
TBerk