From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Neal Tovsen
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2002 9:38 AM
To: 'Tyler Pease'; 'List'
Subject: RE: FORD Escort: RECOGNIZE!

Hehehe!

Careful what you say about those Mazda-based Escorts! Three rather
skilled and well-prepared VW drivers got beat pretty bad by an Escort in
FSP at the Petersburg ProSolo, and all the Escort had was a decent
suspension setup and an ECU chip. Compared to the VW's, the Escort was
nowhere near the limit of preparation within the rules. And this isn't
the first time!

I noticed an Escort also won STS at the San Diego Tour. Locally, there's
a Prot=E9g=E9 (same car) that is quite capable of beating my 16v in STS.
We've driven each others' cars, and they both have surprisingly similar
characteristics and feel about equally fast. Same weight & peak power
but with subtle differences in torque curves and gearing.

And then there's the newer Prot=E9g=E9 that has been kicking butt in =
SCCA
World Challenge!

Neal