How important is vaccum?

WaspHwy@aol.com wrote:

> I am in the process of putting an audi 3a in my rabbit. can I do away with
> that fugly vaccum resevoir bungee corded to the hood? what about the hoses
> coming from the fenders? how far is too far with this deletion? thanks
>
> _________

It depends greatly on two things:

1. Do you need to adhere to smog laws because that stuff is needed to
comply.

2. Do you have A/C in the car?

 The reservoir helps with averaging out the vacum peaks and valleys so
that might help w/ the running of the motor but it also helps with
working the A/C flaps and such, if you can relocate it I would try to
keep it. (My 81 doesn't have one btw.)

The other hoses running into the fender lead to the charcoal canister,
part of the system to keep gas fumes from getting into the atmosphere.

TBerk