Argh! Anyone carvanning down I75 tomorrow?

I was hoping (expecting) that Carrots the Turbo Diesel Scirocco would be
set for her journey to Cincy and all I would have to worry about was
packing my own gear.

Unfortunately, after finishing up a valve stem seal job (damn turbo
injector pumps get in the road!) on Tuesday night, she's dvelopped a
serious oil leak from a badly grooved sealing surface on the cam.  Of
course, I was foolish enough to make myself think that I could bury the
seal far enough to get past the grooves - unfortunately someone else had
that idea before me.

A spare cam with less severe grooving is on the way on, but there's no way
I'll make the connection with Cathy in Fort Erie then the Rochester croud
in Buffalo, as I'll be too beat to get packed and ready to roll for 0600,
assuming I get finished up tonight.

If I don't get completely fed up (this is about number 104 on a list of
about 200 things that have gone completely awry over the past week) and
stay at home to cut the grass and drink beer, then I will be departing
sometime later tomorrow morning and rolling down the 402 to Sarnia/Port
Huron then down 75 the same way I went last year.

Is there anyone else making this trek tomorrow that wants some bug
repellent (dielsel smoke keeps the blackflies/mosquitos at bay)?

Let me know off list.  I would expect to be hitting the 402 west of London
by noon at the latest.

Drew

Drew MacPherson - '84 Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco TurboDiesel