Adirondack = lack of service

--- Josh Able <mkii@nycap.rr.com> wrote:
> So I need a new motor mount. Adirondack has a
> motorsport rear motor/tranny
> mount in stock.
>
> Let me say this, the guys out there were very
> polite, but that doesn't count
> for much.
>

> So any ways, my car is at my buddies shop in
> Schenectady, the garage is
> about 25/30 minutes from Adirondack. I explain to
> Adirondack that I need the
> part "now", since Im going out of town later in the
> day. They tell me that
> they cant get it to me, since it wont get to the
> garage by UPS till Friday.
>
> Ok, that's no problem, Im 25/30 minutes from them, I
> will just run up  and
> pick it up. Nope, cant do that, Adirondack wont let
> me.
>
> This is after I talk to a couple of other dubbers
> (one being Adirondacks web
> designer) and they all said that Adirondack would
> let me get the part from
> them if I really needed it.
>
> So, once again even after begging I get no help from
> these guys.
>
> The fucked up part is if I was willing to pay
> shipping charges, I could have
> gotten the part from Potterman by 10:30AM if he
> shipped it last night. But I
> figured there was no way that a shop that had such a
> "good" reputation as
> Adirondack, would in fact be such a disappointment.
> Its ironic that I could
> get a part from Californian faster than I can get
> the same part from a shop
> located 30 minutes from my car.
> Josh Able

============================
Not really fair to characterize Adirondack as "lack of
service" based on one experience.

I don't know if this was the case here, but Adirondack
"drop ships" from a number of warehouses located all
over the USA.

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1983 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco "Knife", 1981 Scirocco S, 1978 Scirocco "Miss Spoon", 1987 Golf GT / Yes, I am a moron . . .
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)