DIY Rear Swaybar???

--- WaspHwy@aol.com wrote:
> does anybody have a link to the page that detailed the DIY Shine copy rear
> swaybar or any suggestions on making your own? I am putting a new axle under
> my 84 GTI and dont want to bother with swapping the old swaybar. tia

Ron and I came up with this idea...

<http://w3.one.net/~rapieper/CheapassSwaybar/>

Cheap, but extremely effective too!  I have even proven this to be the
case at the track... last month I took my 16v to Putnum Park for a full
day of track time, and logged 140 miles of track time!!
The swaybar really helped the car's stability and felt quite neutral...
I even had the tail out a few times during the day.  ;)

Just one word of caution about this bar...it WILL increase the cars
tendancy to oversteer.  Especially in throttle-lift situations.  This is
a great situation on the track, but no good for the inexperienced driver!
--end of disclaimer--  ;)

=====
Benjamin Harder
86 Scirocco 16v