Hard to start/ WHen it does start it just stalls out.

I remove my intake pipe a couple of days ago and the
air flow sensor to put a basic air filter in for now
to replace the old one I had.  After putting
everything back in place I made sure that the screws
holding the intake pipe and the air flow sensor were
tight, but now when I start the 84 it just stalls
after a couple of seconds.  Sometimes after 30min or
more it becomes really hard to start before there is
any crank and right after it stalls still.  I also
adjested the idle screw and it would fix the problem,
but it would come back after I leave the car for a
while.  What should I do?  IS there anything else that
might have got a hole in it that is causing this
problem?  Before I took the intake pipe and the air
flor sensor it running fine and not stalling.

-Andrew(not happy with the Scirocco this week)

=====
-Andrew Wong
1984 Black Scirocco
1987 White Quantum wagon