From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Cathy Boyko
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 10:43 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: dipstick and clamp question

A while back, someone confirmed that the 2L dipstick was different than the
1.8 L (but how are they different??), and I just want to make sure I have
the
correct one, mine is a 2L 16V (9A) with the 1.8 (PL) head, so I assume I
need
the 2L version? What is the part # if someone could be so kind as to go
check.
A stupid thing, but I just want to make sure it is right, it likely is.

Also, there is a small rubber (air) hose that goes onto a nipple on the
front
of the engine, it has been cut through by the metal screw type clamp that
held
it on (and is now 1/2" shorter), would a cable tie be "kinder" than the
metal
clamp?  Clamps are such a big pain.

Cathy, finally with some Scirocco content, "whining free" too!
1987 16V 2L Scirocco , "the silver headache"