MK1 Hatch Struts

--- T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com> wrote:
> John Ringham wrote:
> >
> <snip>
> >  and the car is no longer for sale!!
> >
> <snip>
> > To do list:
> > Replace hatch struts. Can generics work from Pep
> boys, or are factory
> > originals required?
>

> Rabbit replacements are the only ones I find now a
> days. They are
> charged with a much higher amount of gas due to the
> fact that the Rabbit
> only used one strut to hold up the smaller hatch. I
> have two Rabbit ones
> on my Mk1 hatch and like the action.
>
> I lost points with Mike Potter for not having type
> 53 part numbers
> though.  :])
>
> TBerk

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1983 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco "Knife", 1981 Scirocco S, 1978 Scirocco "Miss Spoon", 1987 Golf GT / Yes, I am a moron . . .
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)