I strayed from the Path...but I couldn't help it - I swear!

Shawn C Meze wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Jun 2002 11:00:51 -0700 "Brian Honnold" <BHonnold@pac-cap.com>
> writes:
> >The reason for swapping in the solid lifter specific oil pump is to
> >REDUCE the oil pressure.  The higher pressure of the ABA pump speeds
> >up the wear on the solid lifters and valve seals.
>
> Im not tracking here. Care to get into details? How does higher oil
> pressure speed up the wear on solid lifters AND valve seals?
>
> Shawn Méze

You can swap the gear (hard for some, esp without destroying stuff) or
use the adapter ring.

I too am wondering about higher oil flow causing such troubles, I was
learned that I could update the oil pump in my current all solid lifter
motor without troubles.

On a slightly different question: Isn't there an in between size of oil
pump that's the best of both worlds?

Alt issue number two: Use of oil cooler (via thermo adapter plate on oil
filter mount) means I _want_ a higher oil pressure than the solid
lifter's oil pump, right?  30 mm vs 36 mm. Isn't there like a 34 mm?

TBerk