I strayed from the Path...but I couldn't help it - I swear!

--- Jeff Toomasson <jtoomasson@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The new member of the family:  '84 Bronzit Cabby -
> $500, running!
>
> It was one of those rare instances where you see an
> ad and go, "what the hell is wrong with it if he's
> selling it for that cheap?" and it's actually not a
> POS.
>
> The stats:  '84 Bronzit cabby w/ tan top and vinyl
> int., 190k miles, runs strong w/ minor exhaust leak
> (darn, "hi, Peter?"), all electricals work, top <
> 2yrs old. Clutch appears to be nowhere near it's
> end, brakes work well, HVAC fan works, Rad. fan
> works. The guy's girlfriend just want to get rid of
> it...
>
> Now what power plant should I go with keeping the
> stock injection? Can an ABA block be used with the
> head (I believe '84 1.8's had a solid lifter head?)?
> Or a 3A block? Or maybe I'll just have to hold out
> for a 2.0 16v (although I'd need the injection).
> Notice I'm staying in the 2.0 range  ;)  But cost is
> definitely a concern though...Decisions,
> decisions!!!   :)
>
> Now I'll have something to drive while I prep the
> 16v for painting!
>
> JT (pumping his fists in exultation)
=======================================
ABA and 3A 2.0 will work fine with stock injection but
you'll need to add a knock sensor ignition. The solid
lifter head from your JH will work fine on both
blocks.

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1983 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco "Knife", 1981 Scirocco S, 1978 Scirocco "Miss Spoon", 1987 Golf GT / Yes, I am a moron . . .
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)