From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Neal Tovsen
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 11:05 AM
To: 'Allyn'; 'Scirocco List'
Subject: RE: tires

It depends on the actual section width of the specific brand of tire
you're using. Some tire manufactures play fast and loose with size
specs. It also obviously has a lot to do with the offset of the wheels
you're using.

For example, I am currently running 205/50-15 Falken Azenis on Corrado
G60 (ET38) wheels. These are a LOT wider than any 205 tire I've ever
seen. They rub the strut when the sidewall deflects in corners and they
are beating the crap out of my fender lips/liners. They're so close to
the strut that I cannot lower my coilovers too far or the tire will hit
the collar. They even rub the inner fenders at full steering lock. They
didn't work at all when I tried to mount them on ET25 wheels. Big tires!
On the other hand, they STICK LIKE GLUE. Though I'd probably stick with
14" wheels if I get another set of Azenis.

If you want to avoid all hassle, stick with 195 width tires. Otherwise,
you kinda have to take a risk...

Neal