more info on PP bolts--Foxxinabox better read this

Yes, they are (WERE now) brand spanking new
bolts from my nearest VW dealer with loctite
already on them from teh dealer.  I applied some
red loctite to complement the blue loctite that the
dealer already had on teh bolts, and did let them
set before i installed them.  I also torqued them
down in a star pattern per bentley.  The first time it
happened was my fault-- i failed to see the blurb,
this very very important blurb in my bentley manual
about replacing these deformable bolts.  The
dealer (Midwestern Auto Group) also failed to
notify me of this....eh hem no names (Darn you
Ira!!) mentioned...   There was some slight metal
transfer to teh crank when it first happened but my
mechanic thought it was not significant enough to
interfere with anything. I have yet to pull teh tranny
down again to assess teh current damage.
Knowing that i will now probably have to get a new
crank, anyone have a spare lying around or know
where i can get a salvage/ new part for cheap?
How difficult is it to install a new crankshaft?  I just
cant figure out why teh hell brand new bolts with
both red and blue loctite that were properly
torqued would back out.  One good thing has
come out of this: i can remove and reinstall my
tranny in jsut about 4 hours.  Anyone need help
with a clutch job?-- ! => again send reply to
legalizit@hectorite.i-p.com <= !

Dan Miller