***weights wanted (all please read)***

i've noticed alot of good weight numbers being thrown around recently (like those mysterious wheel
weights at cincy that never got posted). i want to make a centralized index of weights for our cars.
everything is game: wheels, bumpers, doors, dash, glass, stress bars, brakes, hubs, aftermarket
parts, springs, struts, anything. it should be something that could end up on a scirocco. weights of
different engines could also help (anyone weighed a vr6 long block lately?). my plan is to throw it
all into a cheapass ron (tm) type excel spreadsheet. i'll do it in such a way that you can enter
your current config (default would be stock) and view the weight savings as you pick your mods. i
also intend on including effects on polar moment of inertia as well as some other handling side
effects for the auto-x savy (those weight oriented).

please submit info in the following format:
1. method measured (accurate scale, regular scale, etc)
2. what measured (along with other applicable info)
3. submit entries by directly replying to this email (do not cc to list/'reply all'). if not
replying to this email, please ensure that 'weights wanted' appears in the subject line (i'm
filtering them based on that).

Thanks in advance for participation. I hope to supply the list with useful data in the future.

Allyn Malventano, ETC(SS), USN
87 Rieger GTO Scirocco 16v (daily driver, 180k, rocco #6)
86 Kamei Twin 16V Turbo Scirocco GTX ('it has begun', rocco #7)
86.5 Occo 16v Trailer (dotting 'i's across the country, rocco #8)
87 Jetta 8v Wolfsburg 2dr (daily driver, 260k, 0 rattles, original clutch, driveshafts, wheels :)