Monster Rocc photos

TBerk asked:
> - A2 cluster or mk2? (Who did the wiring?) Feel like sharing schematic?

That's a Mk2 cluster in a Cabriolet dash. Fitting it wasn't too difficult
but it did require some modification of the mounting brackets and such. The
wiring itself took no modification whatsoever because I'm running a Mk2
harness. So, I'm not at all sure what has to be done to make that cluster
work in a normal Mk1.

> - If you sent me a plane ticket, I would have done the tires and bumper
> and trim for you. Free of charge. <bite>

Yeah, Tosha, but the question is would you ever get on the damned plane?
Hell, I made it easy for you and took the trip out there myself! The rest,
of course, is history. (shaking my finger and scowling viciously in your
direction) ;^)

Craig Williams asked:
> Where is the gas cap from? How much do they run and how easily does it
> bolt up?

That particular cap was sourced from OMP and it does *not* bolt into the car
at all. It required cutting a larger hole out of the sheet metal,
countersinking the backplate to fit flush with the side of the car, and then
fabricating a custom gas filler pipe. Many many hours were spent making that
system work. The cap itself cost around $80. However, the installation
probably ran me twice that amount. That's the price you pay for bling
blingin'. :^)
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut