Floppy flange was: Flange cap seals

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of T Berk
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 4:39 AM
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Floppy flange was: Flange cap seals

I was bolting the axles back onto the inner CV and noticed the crank
side one flopped around a lot. The drivers' side one was tight.

How much and what do I need to replace to fix this AND is it a good time
to consider retrofit to 100 mm everything?

The future plans included 16v steering knuckles any way so...

tia,
TBerk

If the CV flange has excessive play, it is probably the differential
bearing, but you have to split open the transaxle to replace it, and you
would normally replace both of them.

I noticed more than normal play on an inner CV, and after I replaced the
flange seal, it was a lot better.

If you go through the trouble of replacing the diff. bearings, I would
also replace the rivets on the differential with the bolt kit.

Peter