Newbie......HELP!!

Oh yeah miss smarty pants, what's the firing order on a 16v 2.0 with a
1.8 head...? Quick!

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Julie Macfarlane
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 7:42 AM
To: joemomma2002@yahoo.com; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Newbie......HELP!!

Sounds like the wires are off or the gap is wrong. recheck the gap of
the
plugs first. set them to 0.024 with a leaf gauge.

Facing the car, cyl#1 is by the timing belt, numbering to 4 left to
right.
Lift the cap. Around the rim of the dist where the cap will rest you
will
find a small mark (line) showing Cyl#1's position. useing a 19mm wrench
line
  up the tick mark on the inside of the timing belt pully with the
top/front
of the valve cover. This should line up the mark on the dist with the
mark
of Cyl#1. If not. Then where ever the rotor points is cyl#1.
Clockwise from this position on the dist, it will go
1 : 4 ; 3 ;2.

Good luck

>From: Erik Seo <joemomma2002@yahoo.com>
>To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: Newbie......HELP!!
>Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 22:24:51 -0700 (PDT)
>
>Hi everyone, newbie here.
>
>Just got my first Scirocco, a 1980 Rocco.
>So, I'm learning about auto maintenence.....I decided
>to change my spark plug wires.  After the change, the
>car started and ran real rough.  It would only rev
>about half as fast from idle (only 300-500 rpm's) to
>redline.  Real slow, and it sounded and felt horrible,
>sounded kind of like it was stuttering and sputtering
>up.
>
>Help!

Julie Macfarlane
(Web Developer, Unemployed)