MCs, what have I done??? ( and typical story, long)

Okay guys, it's okay, you don't have to follow my trend, it's fine. Since=
 my
master cylinder decided to fail, there are what, two, three more of you h=
aving
the same thing fail? How close to the headache were you at Cincy / Waterf=
est?
They talk you know. =

On another angle, as par usual, I phone the usual sources for a MC. They =
tell
me they are $100, then the "Oh, you have a 16V? That'll be $300". Then on=

looking, only two of five places can actually get one. So I break down an=
order one from the dealer, since I need to drive the car 500 miles again =
on
the weekend (no trailer queen, this car of mine). A day later I drive 20 =
mins
to get it, it doesn't look quite right, and it is $77, but off the car an=
d all
new and all, I thought maybe it was just my imagination. So I strip thing=
back to where I can get a good look, and sure enough, it matches the one =
on
the Rabbit perfectly, but not the headache's. So I phone the dealer. Oh w=
couldn't get one for the Scirocco so (fill in supplier's name here) thoug=
ht a
German Jetta one might work. Grrrrrr. So I phone the only other place tha=
t for
sure had one they could get in 15 minutes, but it is 2 hours from me, and=
 puts
me into the middle of the Toronto/Pope traffic snarl. I ask them to have =
it in
hand to do some measurements, so I phone back a bit later. Oh, the wareho=
use
put one in the wrong bin (not the right part for me), we can't ACTUALLY g=
et
one. So there are no Scirocco 16V MC's anywhere to be had in the province=
=2E The
car has just taken over my vacation, it'll get changed out there if I can=
 get
one in the states. See why I call this car a headache? I have had very fe=
parts that have been right on the first try. Glad there is a bit of life =
left
in the MC, but this sort of sucks. On a happy note, the car got tinted
yesterday, and gets new motor mounts Friday.

Cathy, still driving a headache, but the "cockpit" is cooler!