Confused about knock sensor

Wes Brockway wrote:

> Ok, I got my new knock sensor and decided to ohm it out. Using my DMM I got
> no reading at all ie infinity.
> Bentley says that it should read 300,000 ohms. My car is the '87 16V with
> CIS-E not Digifant.
>
> I've also seen references to a green knock sensor and a black knock sensor.
> What's the diff?
>
> I have the black one.

What is the part number on the K/S itself?

>From my understanding there is a Type I & a Type II; the 1st one has a
metal bracket wrapped around it the bolt goes through. The Type II is
more common on our cars and has a metal shaft the bolt goes through that
is surrounded by a plastic case.

My Bentley was damaged and I only saved the back half, My Haynes says:

Resistance
Type I  = about 300K Ohms.
Type II = Infinite Ohms.

Torque

Type 1  - 84 to 108 INCH-pounds
Type II - 5-18 FOOT-pounds

Don't over tighten, don't use washers, don't under tighten. Sacrifice
small animals, pour out some of your malt liquor for those that have
gone before (after all you have a whole 40, you can spare some).

GL,
TBerk