Home from Waterfest

Well I had another good time at Waterfest despite being sun burned
and extremely tired. It was good to see the listers again and this
time I actually had my own scirocco with me. It did seem though as
there were fewer lister present than in years past. I hope this
doesnt become an increasing trend.

Now my biggest gripe about the show was something I saw coming.
The judging of the scirocco modified class. This year was
definitely the weakest/poorest judging I have seen to date. They
awarded me 1st place and while I'm very grateful for winning the
award, I'll be the first to tell you that I don't deserve it.
There were far cleaner/nicer/better condition cars then mine that
didn't receive any awards.
I knew the results would turn out interesting when I started
talking to the judges and they told me they just got in to VW's
and were Honda guys up to a few months ago. They knew absolutely
nothing about Sciroccos. I'd be surprised if they knew what a
scirocco was at this time last year.
They seemed impressed by my body kit,paint, and Audi engine.
However they spent less than 3 minutes on the car which means they
didn't pick up on all the imperfections in the paint and under the
hood. And they never looked in my interior which is a wreck. I
have a huge rip in my seat which I know that they didn't even see.
I truly dont go to win and dont care where I finish in the
judging, but I truly feel bad for those cars that were much more
deserving of awards than mine is.

I'll still go as I enjoy myself and hanging out with the listers
each year.

-Rich
1988 Scirocco 1.8t