[tech] 2.0l 8V swap - refresher

Hey guys,

I need a refresher course on swapping a 2.0l 8V (Audi 3A block) into a Mk=
1 with=20
a JH head and original wiring harness from a 1983 GTI.  My HD has been=20
reformatted and I lost all the info I had pertaining to this swap.  Of co=
urse,=20
any help is greatly appreciated.

Here=92s what I require and please make any suggestions as to what I have=
=20
forgotten.

1)	intermediate shaft and distributor =96 I will be using the Audi stuff.=
  I=20
will be swapping out the guts from the 16V knock sensor and placing it in=
 the=20
Audi distributor=85this is what my mech does for the swap supposedly.

2)	oil pump and oil pan =96 I will be using the ones from a VW 8V.

3)	installing the knock sensor =96 how many wires and which ones do I nee=
d=20
to connect?  Do I also need the full throttle switch or can I use the swi=
tch=20
presently installed on the JH motor.

Is there anything that I have missed?  I think that that=92s all of the=20
particulars which I need to complete the swap. =20

Thanks for all the info guys=85

Sal
81 Scirocco 16V
84 Vwabbit (2.0l 8V in progress)