Body trim

>I prefer the look without the trim.
>
>What works best to remove the residual glue.  Someone mentioned a comerical
>product sold to body shops a while ago, was it for this task?  Thanks, Rick
>K.

I saturated mine with Goo Gone about 15 min. before I started and used a
plastic putty knife to scrape the stubborn stuff. If you're real careful a
sharp clean razor window scraper works great but you really gotta have a
gentle touch. On my 85 I didn't really care about a few gouges since I was
repainting anyway. The device you were asking about is a rotor disk that's
like a pencil erasor, you put it on a drill motor and it heats up and rolls
off the sticky stuff. Don't look for one at any parts stores though. You'd
need to go to a body shop supply dealer. 3M makes one. If you are not
planning to repaint I would HIGHLY recommend using the wheel device. I used
one on my white 88 and it worked wonderfully, especially on the stains from
dirt that had been behind the strip for 10 years. Good luck...

Jon