Julie's impression of WF2002 (long)

Of Water fest it's self? I enjoyed it. I met a lot of good people, saw some
nice cars and some real flights of fancy. I can't wait till I can get mine
looking nice to show along side the others.

The night before at the hotel? Disgusted, embarrassed and angry. The rocc
folk, again stayed quiet and just enjoyed the cool night and a few beers.

<start rant>
The A2 & A3 folk? Trashed the hotel. Furniture and broken glass in the pool,
broke in to the pool storage shed and dumped the chemicals in.
Garbage and room materials (phone books, directories etc) shredded and
tossed out the window. Food trays left out side the doors, kicked and
splattered along the lenght of the floor.

As I was l;eaving I stopped at the desk, I wanted the manager to know it was
not all VW folk to blame. She told me that the hotel will NEVER allow VW
people in again. We spoke for a few minutes and left feeling better.

I hope those of you with connections to other groups pass on this mail. This
barbaric and juvinile behavior makes all of us look bad and has to be dealt
with. For the out side world to see us and cringe? No. We must self regulate
this bahavior before there is no place for the meetings to be held.

<End Rant>

I'll post a few of the pics I took and a better text when I have had some
sleep and calmed down.

Thanks to every one I saw there. You are remarkable people. Thanks,

Julie Macfarlane
(Web Developer, Unemployed)
Albany NY
Charter Member "Scirocco Anonymous"