A different Clutch Cable question

This is for you 16v brake MC for MK1 converters especially.    I traded up
on the 16v pedal assembly at the same time as the larger MC and now notice
something.  The "tube" part of the pedal assembly that has been mentioned a
few times on the earlier Clucth cable thread, seems to be misaligned.  I
realize the pedal assembly is not adjustable but when the clutch pedal is
pressed the cable is pulled through and rubs against the top of that "tube"
part.  Like its pulling the cable up to the steering wheel instead of
straight back toward the drivers knees.  Almost as if the pedal has to
"tall" of an arm where the cable is attached.  I am concerned that this will
greatly accelerate wear on the cable at that spot.  Has anyone noticed this?
Not really anything I can do about it though as the "tube" part of the PA
has to fit in the hole of the firewall...and it does.  Clutch pedal
different from the older MK 1?  I am not certain that it wasn't like this in
its original configuration.
Thanks
Ken
1979 Scirocco  "McFly"
16v conversion "...it's working....It's WORKING...!"
tracing electrical gremlins now...
VORTEX:  "Indiana Red"