A/C delete made easy...

   Those of you that were at Daun's that heard my car probably=
 noted the horrid rattling/grinding sound coming from the engine=
 bay. That was the gutted out a/c compressor...

It's been my intention to either delete or resotre my a/c system.=
 After never finding a cheap way to get a compressor, I decided=
 on deleting it during my block swap. Having read about people=
 grinding down the ears/mounts for the a/c compressor and=
 installing the alt. there, I figured I'd try it.

About 6 months ago I had to buy a new alt. I picked up a cheap=
 AutoZone lifetime warrenty version per Potterman's=
 recommendation. I noticed it had a bushing in one ear, I assume=
 for a more universal application fit. Because of this bushing,=
 all my alt. move/a-c delete required was removing the compressor=
 and alt. Pressing the bushing on the alt ear out as far as=
 possible (make widest gap between the two mounting ears on the=
 alt.) and viola. Now movement was rather stiff after mounting it=
 up, so I took out the grinder and cleananced the bracket that=
 moutns to the block were the drivers side ear was hitting it.=
 Pulley's line up perfectly, a/c belt fits it, and the engine bay=
 should look cleaner not to mention being quieter(haven't=
 installed the engine yet).

Joshua