city lights

psycho 16v wrote:

> getting ready to wire a set of euro and i want the city lights to work. i
> saw that some people had wired them through thier parking lights, does this
> mean they're on when the headlights are on?

   Wired to the parking lights they will be on with parking lights, no
matter if your headlights are on or not.

> the parking lights are on. should i run them through thier own switch?

   Why dont you want them on with your headlights?  They will hardly be
noticable over your lowbeams.  If you want to turn them off with the
headlights you can wire some circuitry in there to do so, or you can
simply do a switch.

> do the city lights need to be relayed? tia

   Nope, 4-8 watters is what you would be using (I'd think), which draws
hardly anything.  So far I seem to be the only person to wire their city
lights to the backup light circuit.  They are on whenever the car is
running (basically DRLs but mine are green).  Not noticable during the
day, automatically on at dusk (looks sweet), not noticable over the
headlights at night.

Andre'
Lime Green 79
Kirkland WA