Towing of the dead 'Roc?

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002 07:13:30 -0700 (PDT) Jorel Jackson
<jorel140@yahoo.com> writes:
> When my 16V died it was 58 miles away from home. Now
> it sits at work and I need to get it home again for
> revivification. The towing company which brought it
> there said they'd do it for $245, a little more than
> I'd like to throw away. So I'm thinking about one of
> those trailers I see on the back of one of those
> massive RVs towing a car, the ones that get the front
> wheels off the ground. Is this a good idea? If I'm
> more patient, I could borrow a car trailer from the
> brother of a friend of mine, but I don't like the car
> sitting there wide open to any scavengers in the area.
> TIA for any useful advice.

Yeah,a tow dolly wil lwork fine. Its how I get the race cars to the track
AND home again.

They're cheap to rent too, around $35 a day or so. Full car trailers are
$50 and up. The only bad thing about a tow dolly is you cant back up.
(well, not very much.) so plan your "ins and outs" of places you mighty
pull into, fuel stops ect.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V   88' Corvette -SS 30- 2001 SDR Solo2 Champion
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-   79' "Project FSP Scirocco"  84' Scirocco 8V
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.