Power Steering pump

I was pulling into a parking spot, where the curb was higher then I thought.
The curb hit the 90 degree joint which connects the front of the power
steering pump to the hose, and poked a hole in it. Couple questions 1) Is it
bad to be driving around with no power steering fluid? Bad on the pump?  Bad
on the Rack? Second does the 90 piece seperate from the power steering
pump?, or do I have to replace the entire pump. If the little joint does
seperate from the actual pump, where could i find another one?

Eric