Paint

> Shawn Falzarano wrote:
>
> Well my scirocco is starting to get rust in a lot of bad places.
> Windshield area etc… I know that if you cut your windows seals it is
> easy to get the windows out. Where can I get a new set of window seals
> for the scirocco cheap? Now trying to decide what color to paint my
> ROC…. I cant decide!!!
>
> Thanks for any help you guys can provide with me….

> Shawn Falzarano

Yes, it is very easy to get the windows out if you cut the seals but
Don't Do it.

You haven't mentioned what year your car is, if it is  Mk2 you have a
better chance at finding replacement window rubber. 81 and before window
rubber is extinct now.

Some folks, esp those who repaint the same color, place twine under the
lip of the existing seals to lift the rubber prior to painting, letting
new paint drift under the seal. Said to eliminate the hard edge right
next to the seal's border.

GL,
TBerk