opening the hood is a 2 person job

>From: "Marko Latrell" <jamal_latrell@angelfire.com>
>To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: opening the hood is a 2 person job
>Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 18:38:03 -0200
>
>I cannot pop the hood alone. Someone has to push down on it while I
>release/move/jiggle the lever. This could lead to trouble if I am alone.
>
>Can this be fixed? The cable has to be lubricated or just replaced? Are
>there any homemade fixes out there?
>
>thanks
>
>---
>87 Scirocco 8v
>84 GTi

Loosen up the pins a few turns. It's a two nut system so you gotta loosen
the big flat one first, then adjust the height/length, then lock it back
down. What's happening is your pins are too short and putting too much
pressure on the springs so they don't want to release. I had to do just the
opposite, as mine came loose driving down the road....egads!!!!

Good luck,
Jon
84 long gone
88 16v missin her