opening the hood is a 2 person job

There isn't much that can go wrong with the cable unless it's broken... Try
cleaning and lubricating the releases for the hood pins and re adjust the
cable... removing the passenger side headlight assy gives you easy access
to this adjustment point with the hood closed.

May need to try it a few tries but  once cleaned and adjusted it should
give you a nice positive "pop" when it opens.

-Raffi