way...way.....WAY...OT...Win2k adv serv help needed

I need some assistance...I'm having an 'issue' right now with my Win2k Adv
Serv box.

The short story:
I want to enable a basic, LOCAL USER account (i.e., one w/o admin rights).
I've created a user acct for this, but when I try to log into the LOCAL box
with it, I receive an error message that says:
"The local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively"

I've tried adjusting the rights all over the place. From the "Local Security
Policy" console to the "Active Directory Users and Computers" console. All
are no-go.

I know this is another one of those silly things that I'm missing.

Anyone?

TIA,

Dan Snow
Tam-pa, FL