I autocrossed yesterday

Well,

For the first time since I built the 2.0 16V (over 2 years ago) I finally
got the time to take the Scirocco to an autocross event. I had a blast. I
improved with every lap. I ended up only 2 seconds behind the guy who
designed the course (driving a Miata) and 2.5 seconds behind the Western
Regional champion and his Acura Type R. Since I hadn't raced in over 2
years, I felt pretty good about that.

I was worried that the motor had too much top end power to do well on an
autocross course, but the car perfomed really well. An all second gear
course and I had plenty of power to pull me out of every corner and it never
felt like it was bogging down.

Just had to share. -- Craig