[OT] Choices - Anti-SUV was: No more 1.8T?

> Why can't a family fit in a wagon that gets 25 mpg+? Pops old bucket had
> rear facing seats in the back, room for all.
>
> I am all for anti-SUV, just like cigarettes. It aint illegal, it just
> cost you more.

I'm not necessarily an SUV fan but I do believe in the basic right to own
what you want and to have a gas guzzling monster truck if that is your
forte'.  I think SUVs are just like any other fad that will die out down the
road but for now, that's what it is, a fad.  The reason I say that is that
most families (2.1 kids) are not buying the bigger vehicle to haul kids
around and rarely do they use their SUV to go off-road which is why you BUY
an SUV!!

Firstly, I doubt a Chevy wagon with a 396 would get 25 mpg and I haven't
seen a wagon these days that will comfortable seat 6 (maybe the Volvo).
But, once you pry all the kids in and then jump in yourself, where do you
put "stuff"?  Having a large family myself (according to todays family
sizes), I would NOT look forward to strapping all the kids into a station
wagon to go on a cross city/state/country trip.  The reason why your dad had
one and anyone else with a sizeable family (we had one when I was a kid too)
is because they didn't have much else to choose from.  Now that every car
manufacturer is offering 34 different styles of vehicles, there's a lot more
to choose from.  So, the auto manufacturers give us all these different
options to choose from, and now this idiot Governer decides to make the
decision of what type of car you drive for you.

As far as the size of your family is concerned, people have large families
for a lot of different reasons.  Could be religious, could be that they are
good parents and in that case who else would you want populating the planet,
good parents or bad?, or just because they enjoy kids.  Whatever the reason
(in my cousin's situation) who is this Governor to decide what you will
drive and how many kids you can have?  A bunch of crap that I know the big 4
won't be putting up with!!!

Dave

The leash is getting shorter every day!!