Update on project Blue lightning

Adrian wrote:
> i just caled my buddy at the shop and changed the order to the 1.5" drop (
> same price )

That's excellent news, Adrian. Now that you're back in business with a
realistic set up, I'd recommend the Bilstein HD as the best high end bang
for the buck. They aren't adjustable, but unless you know what you're
attemping to achieve with the adjustments in the first place, these are
probably your better option. Konis are the better adjustable option although
I'm not convinced that they are as durable as the Bilsteins. Unless you're
autocrossing, road racing, or drag racing, the Bilsteins are a better value,
imho.

I'd just pass up on the Tokicos entirely. My Jap car friends seem to be
happy with them. However, most all the VW people I can think of (me
included) don't appreciate the quality or performance of the "Toleakohs"...
Maybe the Japanese engineers have more local cars with which to do their
research and development? The disparity is pretty strange...
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut