Update on project Blue lightning

> today i got myself a really nice set of springs for my roc ... :P
> a set of Apex springs with a 2.25" drop ..
> now all i need is shocks ...
> i looking for something fully adjustable
> what should i get ??

You may not want to hear this, but what I really think you should do is
*SELL* those springs and get something with a less radical drop. After
slamming your car that low it isn't going to handle or ride for sh*t,
anyway. So, why even bother trying to optimize the situation with adjustable
dampers? Save your money and throw in some Boges Turbogas (or similar) for
cheap. A 1.25" - 1.5" drop is as far as you should go on the street. Yes,
I'm *very* serious.

> Boge? Tokico? Bilstein? Apex? Weitec?
> what do u guys suggest i get ???

Well, as far as adjustables are concerned, Boge and Bilstein don't offer
them. Your primary choices are Koni and Tokico. I do believe that Weitec
makes something, but aren't those fully-threaded coilovers? (Coilovers are
more wastes of money for the street, imho). I don't know anything about
Apex.

> BTW the Spring set me back $290 Can ( ~$175US !!! )
> thanks guys ...

Paying good money to upset a car's performance confounds me totally!
However, if you're out for just looks then your options are very simple and
very open: Get ***whatever you want*** and ignore tech-minded people like me
completely. Really! Just go for it and be very happy! The best thing about
going for looks alone is that there are no boundaries except for your own
taste. You are free to do as you'd like!

If improving the handling or at least maintaining decent ride quality are
concerned, though... Then you've really got to go about this in a
*completely* different manner.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut