I got me a job - can't wait to build me a giant killer!

I got a job today at a small automotive machine shop.  I was like a kid
in a candy store!  Looks to be a pretty cool job, plus the side benefit
of being able to build up anything I can think of is nice!  (hmmm, with
the 1.7 crank and 1.8 block I own, plus some Audi 5000 turbo forged
pistons, I see a nice 8v turbo engine in my future :)

It's pretty well equipped, and is actually the only shop that grinds
crankshafts within 100 km.  They do alot of racing related work, but
mostly muscle car stuff - although they do all the machining for an
open wheel aircooled VW race team...

I'm learning the "art" of crankshaft grinding now (pretty involved and
precise process btw).  I'll be learning each engine
rebuilding/assembling process - I love being paid to learn things that
interest me...

My many years of self employment, ie: setting my own hours, sleeping in
on a whim (usually many whims per week <g>), and not having a "boss" is
now over.  But the tradeoff is a steady paycheck, and a job that I
actually don't mind going to...

Scirocco content: my engine swap is delayed (again) due to a crazy busy
week, but my hopes for getting it running for Waterfest are still high!
 The engine is completely bolted together, including timing belt and
clutch/flywheel.  All that's left to do now is install the Peloquin 80%
LSD kit w/ the 100mm flanges in the tranny, and install all this
wonderful mechanical goodness into my undeserving 81 S shell...

Mark. - working stiff...

Post your ad for free now! http://personals.yahoo.ca