R12 ->R134a retrofitted, but I have a question

I don't know about Georgia but in California you can not buy refrigerant
R12 unless you are a licensed A/C tech. I bought a 20LBs tank just before
the ban. I still recommend doing the conversion. I did mine on the 16V and
IMHO it works better than when it had R12, better than my 8V ever worked to.

What you need...

1) low side fitting adapter, Blue Cap
2) High side fitting adapter, Red Cap (slightly larger)
3) Pressure Gauge with fittings for both high and low side fittings
4) Filler hose with valve for refrigerant cans (thread on type will work great)
5) Conversion recharge 2 cans will do containing refrigerant R134, a leak
sealant and conversion oil
6) Refrigerant R134, 1 can and maybe a little more.

Most of these part can be had in a conversion kit, mine was packaged by
Castrol. I think most new conversion kits will not require you to replace
seals, I think they figured out how to make them R12 seal friendly. The
Castrol kit had parts 1,4,5 and 6. It did not have the right High side
fitting (2). I bought the gauge and the correct High side fitting at Pep
Boys along with a new condenser dryer (dealer part). I did however replace
most of the seals anyway since I suspected a leak in my system to start with.

Having a vacuum pump is also very helpful to evacuate the system before you
back fill the refrigerant. I've heard people tell that they've serviced an
empty A/C system without pulling a vacuum first and had good results but I
can't say that's the best thing to do...

-Raffi