Early Mk1 w/ the Square Front Lights

What's up with the front exhaust?? Did the 1.5's have a completely
different head design? I thought that the only VWs with a crossflow head
design exiting the front were the 1.3L from the Polo...much later than
an early Mk1 Scirocco.

He also doesn't say what year it is, but he claims "Originalteile"
(original parts)....hmmm

So: am I ignorant with regards to the pre-'76 1.5L engine, or has that
car had an engine swap?

Neal

 <http://home.mindspring.com/~tberk/index.html>

 TBerk